+ 91 080-22446109 Admissions department

Frequently Ask Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

What is an educational consultant?

An educational consultant, also called a higher education consultant is a professional who assists students and parents with college and financial aid planning. Educational consultants are skilled in helping students find colleges where they can be successful.

They also serve as guides to the college application process, making sure that students meet deadlines and prepare complete and effective applications. Some higher education consultants specialize in helping students with special needs, such as learning disabilities.

What do educational consultants do?

Educational consultants are trained professionals who assist students and their parents with the college planning and application process.
They help families by providing a realistic assessment of a student’s individual strengths and weaknesses as a prospective college applicant, identifying colleges and universities that match the student’s needs and interests, and providing guidance on all aspects of the college application and financial aid process.

How do we know if we need an educational consultant?

The decision to hire an educational consultant is a personal one, and not every family will need or want to work with a consultant. Working with an educational consultant can be particularly helpful if your child is: confused about their college options; has limited opportunity to meet with their school guidance counselor; is interested in a less common major or career; has an unusual academic background or admissions profile; or would benefit from one-on-one assistance with college planning and applications. Educational consultants can also be helpful when a student has learning disabilities or other special needs, when families are having difficulty agreeing on college choices, or for students who are particularly anxious about the college admissions process.

Direct or Management Quota admission to professional courses in illegal

Direct or Management Quota admission process is perfectly legal. It gives access to students to study their chosen stream which otherwise would have alluded them. The process, if conducted properly is very transparent and 100% as per regulations.

Admission through management or Direct Admssion quota effects placement.

The above assumption is incorrect. A student who has good grades and have good soft skills would get a good grade irrespective of how the candidate has secured a seat (entrance exam or direct admission). Right Placement for Right Candidate is the motto for the prospective employers. In case, a student has not scored good grades and has not studied properly, he/she will suffer during interviews.

Can an educational consultant guarantee that my child will be admitted to a particular college?

No one can guarantee a student admission to a particular college or university – except, of course, the admissions committee! If an educational consultant or anyone else suggests that they can do so, it is best to find another consultant. Professional educational consultants understand that many variables factor into admissions decisions and therefore they do not make false promises. They can, however, help students improve their chances of admission by identifying colleges that match their admissions profile, and interests, and by guiding them through the college application process.

How much does it cost to work with an educational consultant?

You may have read an article or seen a news report about educational consultants who charge exorbitant fees for their counseling services. Luckily, the majority of professional educational consultants offer reasonable prices for their services. Some consultants offer all-inclusive packages for a single fee, others will work with families on an hourly basis. Still others offer some combination of the two. By comparing services and prices, you should be able to find a professional consultant that your family can afford.

Our family has limited finances. Does that mean we can’t get help from an educational consultant?

Many members of the Higher Education Consultants Association offer sliding fee scales to families who have limited financial means. Some consultancy waive their fees entirely for students from low income families. Other consultancy are active volunteers in local schools and non-profit organizations that assist students with college planning and college applications. Do not assume that your family’s financial situation means you can’t get help from an educational consultant!

When should we begin working with an educational consultant?

You may want to consult with an educational specialist early in your child’s high school career in order to get advice and suggestions on curriculum planning, testing advice, extracurricular activities, and enrichment opportunities. In general, however, the majority of consulting time will occur during junior and senior years of high school, as students begin to identify their college options and prepare college applications. Educational consultants generally do not work with elementary or middle school students.

Is hiring an educational consultant to help our child ethical?

Hiring a professional educational consultant is ethical. Parents seek outside tutors and coaches to help their children succeed and achieve their goals. A professional educational consultant is a “coach” to guide your child through the college admissions process with the least amount of stress and anxiety possible.

How do colleges feel about educational consultants?

Colleges disapprove of unethical and unprofessional “consultants” who make unreasonable promises and go too far in assisting students with their college applications. However, colleges also understand that professional educational consultants can serve a purpose, especially for students who do not have access to enough personal help from their school counselors. Colleges also know that members of the Education Consultants agree to abide by our member Standards and Ethics Statement which sets out strict guidelines for professional conduct by educational consultants.

What are some things that an educational consultant should never do?

A professional educational consultant should never guarantee admission to any particular college. They should not write essays, recommendation letters, or other application materials for students. They should not receive financial remuneration for referring students to a particular college, service, or program. They should treat students and parents with respect, and be supportive of their choices. Finally, educational consultants should never abuse the privilege of working with young people in any way. education consultancy member standards and ethics statement provides further insight into the professional conduct you should expect from every educational consultant

Why should I choose to study Overseas?5

As a student to be prepared for a global workforce, studying abroad will help you study and discover yourself as well as the world personally, professionally, academically, culturally and socially. Studying abroad will polish you as an individual with broader understanding of yourself and the world around you.

How will I know if I meet the requirements?

All postgraduate/graduate programs will require a three or four year degree (depending on which University you wish to attend)

How will I chose a program of study?

Our qualified representative will assist you finding a program that fits into your previous studies as well as your needs and choice.

What documents do I require?

To begin with the application process, you will be required to submit a copy of your official transcript(marks card copy). Once we receive this we will review your application and a consultant will be in touch with you regarding submitting any additional documents which depends on the program you are applying for and the university you wish to attend.

When is the start date of the universities?

The academic year in Australia and New Zealand starts in autumn, which is the February intake. Some of the programs also have mid year intake in July. The schools in the UK begin in September, again depending on the programs some offer January intakes as well.

Will I require reference letters?

You will require reference (academic and volunteer) letters if you are applying for the teacher training program for the UK universities. Some of the other programs might require a reference letter as well; you will be notified about this once you have submitted your application online.

When is the best time to apply?

Ideally you must allow yourself six months prior to the start date of the program when you wish to attend. But on special circumstances and if there are places available, students have managed to apply and receive and offer in two months prior to the start date of the program.

How long will it take to receive an offer from time I have submitted my application?

Normally you should hear back in four to six weeks from the time we receive all your documents for your application If this takes longer then we will let you know the reason for the delay by liaising on your behalf with the University about your application status. We will keep you updated with your application status all the time as it progresses.

Will I be required to pay deposit to hold my spot once I receive an offer?

Yes you will be required to pay deposit by the deadline to ensure that the spot is being held for you in the program that you received the offer for.

Do I have to pay the entire tuition before leaving?

You will not be required to pay the tuition fees before leaving, but there are some student visa requirements which require you to pay some of the tuition. This is detailed on the student visa page of the Grad Study Overseas Website.

Will I be qualified to receive OSAP (Ontario Student Assistance Program) or other provincial loans?

Most of the universities that we represent are eligible for OSAP. Based on every individual financial need, most of the students are awarded OSAP loans for postgraduate/graduate programs. If you are a residence of a province other than Ontario, please check with the provincial loans of your province. A parent/relative/friend must be appointed as a power of attorney, in case if your OSAP funds arrive in your bank account in Canada and they need to be transferred to you overseas.

Will you assist in booking flights?

We arrange a group flights for students to get them the benefit of group rates.

How will I book my accommodation?

We will assist you with providing all the information required for permanent or temporary accommodation at the university.

How do I meet other students before leaving?

We appoint a student contact who has volunteered to arrange a social gathering for students who wish to meet other students before leaving to get to know each other.

Will I need a valid passport?

You will require a valid passport for your entire length of stay outside of country. Please ensure to check the dates of validity on your passport before leaving.

Will you assist me with my student visa application?

We will walk you through the entire student visa process and guide you in every step of your application. The details of student visa are also available on the student visa page of our website

How long will student visa application take to process?

Student Visa application takes anywhere from 24 hours to a month depending on which country you are applying for the student visa. Please check details on the student visa page of our website.

Will I be able to work on my student visa?

You are allowed to work up to 20 hours/week on a student visa in the UK and New Zealand and 40/two weeks in Australia.

Will I be picked up at the airport?

Most of the universities offer airport pickup but a request must be made in writing to the university and a confirmation for the pickup must be received on your end.

Will I need health coverage?

You will be paying for your health coverage with your tuition in Australia and the UK. Please check with our office for details of health coverage in New Zealand. Yes if you plan to travel outside of country, you should get additional insurance. You should also get coverage for the travel time, since you will not have coverage from the time you leave Canada till you arrive at your university.

Why should I choose aryawarth education?

aryawarth is highly diversified and provide you with a wide range of options. aryawarth has tie ups with many universities and colleges, is a registered centre for IELTS booking and recognized by many country high commissions. This puts us in a unique advantage wherein we can provide you with the latest and accurate information on any stage of the process.

Is it possible to get a work permit / permanent visa for another country while I am in India?

Yes, many countries provide this facility and aryawarth helps people who are keen in relocating abroad. You can check out our immigration services page for more details. If you want a detailed evaluation of your profile and opportunities please call, sms, enquire online or visit any of our offices.

If I live in a city where aryawarth does not have an office how do I avail of any of the services?

Please call, sms or send us an enquiry online and we will reach out to you.

I would like to settle abroad, what is preferable study overseas or permanent resident visa?

This depends on your profile and long term career plans. If you are well qualified and have been working for many years you may be directly eligible for work permit or permanent resident program offered by many countries. If you do not have the requisite qualification or work experience it is preferable to acquire it first. Many countries also give higher weightage to people who have lived, worked or studied earlier in that country for grant of work visas.

I have completed my education through distance education, will it be recognized?

It is recognized only in some cases.

Should I get a job first or should I apply for my work permit / permanent resident visa first?

Normally recruiters do not look at a CV favorably if the candidate is not eligible to work in the country. Therefore it is better to first apply for the permit and show that to recruiting organizations so that they will consider your application.

Is it true that healthcare costs are very high abroad?

Yes, healthcare costs are usually high outside India however in many countries you will be covered under student health benefits or under government sponsored health care plans.

I am not very rich, how much funds are required for studying abroad?

Cost of studying abroad varies significantly by country and course. In countries like Germany education is free yet extremely good. Some universities also offer scholarships to merit students. Most students work part time to support themselves while studying overseas and are able to cover their living expenses and sometimes even a significant part of tuition fees.

Apply now

Back to Top